Having Fun: Instrumental Music for Children
'Having Fun' is a set of instrumental songs for children for gentle and joyful play-time - clapping, dancing, running, jumping, and playing percussion.
'Having Fun' is a set of instrumental songs for children for gentle and joyful play-time.
The music lends itself to clapping, dancing, running, jumping, and playing percussion instruments. It allows for your and your child’s imagination to create your own responses to the music. The music is deliberately strongly rhythmic with simple harmonies and delightful melodies that create a container for children to express themselves in movement and play. It is a companion album to ‘Quiet Time’, a set of instrumental songs for dreaming, relaxing, and being at rest.
- Clapping Song (Song for Cameron) was commissioned by Kerry Wyburg for her grandson Cameron. Lovely strong rhythms for both slow and faster clapping.
- Having Fun: great for learning how to clap and stop, for example, clap clap clap rest.
- Now I am One (Song for Nina) was written for Nina's first birthday. It is joyful and exuberant and great for movement or simply listening.
- Run Like the Wind - a fun song to run off some energy, and also great for clapping, jumping, dancing.
- Joyful Play-time (Song for Johannes) - another great piece for clapping or playing your own percussion instruments (saucepans included!).
- Clapping Song (Reprise) - to complete the album.
Album cover design by Karen Curran at Unicorn Graphics (www.unicorngraphics.com.au).