Quiet Time: Instrumental Music for Children
'Quiet Time’ is a set of instrumental songs for children or the child in you, for dreaming, relaxing, and being at rest.
'Quiet Time’ is a set of instrumental songs for dreaming, relaxing, and being at rest.
While this album is initially directed to children, and includes some commissions and other music specifically written for children, you will find that the music is not just for children. If you buy or receive this CD for your child, you might be drawn also to the imaginings, wonderings and feelings that the music evokes, as well as noting its capacity to provide a vehicle for reflection, contemplation and relaxation. Young children will respond to the music for their ‘quiet time’; older children and adults will hear the deeper layer of the music as both a reflection and container for their inner world.
- Reflections (Song for Sebastian) was commissioned by Kerry Wyburg for her grandson.
- Misty Mountains comes from Peta Williams' debut album, 'Dream by the River: Music for Dreaming'.
- Gentle Heart is what it is.
- Music for Dreaming also comes from Peta Williams' debut album, 'Dream by the River: Music for Dreaming'.
- Shirley's Dreaming was written for Peta's mother, Shirley, for her 75th birthday.
The companion album to 'Quiet Time' is 'Having Fun'.
Music and arrangements copyright Peta Williams. Piano played by Peta Williams. Other instruments realised digitally. CD Cover and label designed and illustrated by Karen Curran of Unicorn Graphics, NSW Australia ((www.unicorngraphics.com.au)
‘My daughter was travelling through the country by car with her 3-year-old daughter, Molly, listening to music on the CD player. Molly drifted off as the CD ended and my daughter chose another CD. She was most surprised and delighted when young Molly cried out – ‘No, I want to hear the quiet music!’ (referring to ‘Quiet Time’). Elizabeth Read, Annandale